Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Shining


So, the other day I drank a beer that I haven't had in a long time. I am finding a lot of the things I thought in regards to a beers taste are wrong. I used to think that just because a beer was darker in color it was automatically going to be heavy and bitter. However my tasting of Shiner Bock proved me wrong. Shiner definetly has a darker color than most of the beers I have tried but it was definetly not what I was expecting. It had a little more of a burnt taste, which is probably where it gets its darker complection. This beer definetly "shined."

2 comments:

Michael said...

First: Nice set up. I like the blog header you've created; it's slick.
Second: Nice post regarding Shiner. I think Shiner is a tricky beer that you can only really figure out once you decide that beers should be poured to be enjoyed. After all, would we really know how dark a beer is if it stays hidden in a tinted bottle? Truly food (or beer) for thought. Enjoy the "Journey."

Bob said...

I also enjoy a Shiner every now and then. I first had a Shiner Bock (3 actually) while in Texas on business. As with most beers, on tap is better than bottled.